CONTINUOUS DEPLOYMENT TOOL IN THE CONTROL OF THE LIFE CYCLE AND DEPLOYMENT OF APPLICATIONS WITH THE CERBERON SUITE
Gaea Solution was chosen by the company Produban Brazil, which owns 100% of the Santander group, to help in the management and control of all the group’s IT infrastructure.
Produban’s only affiliate in the world needed an efficient solution aligned with the best practices in the market for the following processes:
- Software maintenance control, received from the Isban company (development company for the Santander Group software) and other partner software developers;
- Automating the implementation of maintenance in environments with integrated tests, ratification and production.
Challenge: The existing internal solution in Produban Brazil did not meet the company’s demand, especially due to the diversity of technologes and constant maintenance growth.
Aggravating: The tools adopted needed a greater manual involvement, as well as not having support, and the maintenance cost being too high.
With their experience in the IT market, Gaea Consulting ran an analysis of the whole configuration management process and the lifecycle of software maintenance, defining the following as project objectives:
- Versioning of all the active Produban systems;
- Automated deployment in integrated test environments, approval, and production;
- Implementation of a practical and automated process through the Cerberon tool, to control the versioning of sources, executables and documents of each of Santander Brazil’s systems’ maintenance events;
- Real time generation of metrics and indicators;
- Auditing service points;
- Reduction of service incident by support team, regarding the building of environments;
- Allow the visibility of all logs, approvals and process stages for all of those involved in maintenance.
Cerberon increased the implementation speed of systems which use the Websphere platform by 75% .
- Reduction in failures and increase in implementation velocity;
- Elimination of dependency on resources by specialists in certain technologies and/or systems;
- 70% reduction in over time for operation/implementation team;
- On average, 25 minute reduction in the time used to identify implementation problems;
- There are no more incidents involving implementation of previous versions, in other words, error recurrence.
97% reduction in Windows environment implementation execution failure in 1 year.
SOME SUCCESSFUL RESULTS